Sr. Software Engineer (Golang) - EVE
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
ZEDEDA, the leader in IoT edge orchestration, delivers visibility, control, and security for the IoT edge, with the freedom of deploying and managing any app on any hardware at scale and connecting to any cloud or on-premises systems. IoT edge solutions require a diverse mix of technologies and domain expertise and ZEDEDA enables customers with an open, vendor-agnostic orchestration framework that breaks down silos and provides the needed agility and future-proofing as they evolve their connected operations. Customers can now seamlessly orchestrate intelligent applications at the IoT edge to gain access to critical insights, make real-time decisions and maximize operational efficiency. ZEDEDA is a venture-backed Silicon Valley company, headquartered in San Jose, CA, with offices in India and Germany.
About the Position: EVE Sr. Software Engineer
ZEDEDA open source developers are making new things possible. You will join a growing global team, work with the latest technologies and collaborate with other ZEDEDA open source developers, open-source developer communities, and commercial vendors to develop EVE-OS - Zero Limits, Zero Trust, Zero Touch operating system for the Edge Computing - an integral part of Zededa orchestration solution providing Visibility, Control, and Security for the Distributed Edge.
If you prefer sharing innovation in an open, collaborative environment and are a regular contributor to the open-source community, Zededa may be the right fit. We want individuals with a holistic view of how the software kernel, operating system, applications, and hardware interact.
The ability to read and analyze existing code for implementing components of a large-scale system. The ability to write a design doc, take feedback, and drive it to resolution, in a reasonable period of time. The ability to influence another team to use your solution instead of writing their own. The ability to craft a project proposal, socialize it, and get buy-in to execute it.
· Work on open-source projects and collaborate with an open-source community: https://github.com/lf-edge
· Develop from scratch or modify existent Golang microservices, which control the orchestration of the EVE OS: https://github.com/lf-edge/eve
· Implement testing infrastructure for EVE OS orchestration: https://github.com/lf-edge/eden
· Improve EVE orchestration API and protocols
· Investigate and improve system performance (CPU utilization, Storage, Network subsystems)
· Work on customer bugs and issues
· 8+ years experience in programming (C or C++ is a plus)
· 2+ years experience in Golang programming
· Good understanding of operating system principles (Linux)
· Experience in microservices architecture development
· Good knowledge of networking technologies is a plus (NFV, SDN, DPDK, XDP, VPP, OVS).
· Good knowledge of virtualization technologies is a plus (qemu/kvm, containers, SR-IOV, VirtIO)
· Good knowledge of storage technologies is a plus (SPDK, RAID, io_uring)
· Great communication skills, both verbal and written in English
BS in Computer Science, BE in Software Engineering, or equivalent is desirable.
See more open positions at ZEDEDA
Something looks off?