Financial Planning & Analysis Intern
Voted Best Places to Work in Austin, Best Paying Companies,
and Top Startup Companies by Forbes
SparkCognition looks to bring in the best talent in the world. To accommodate the hiring of our wildly talented teams, SparkCognition sponsors visa opportunities when appropriate.
Who are we and why this opportunity?
Drive change and create a footprint. SparkCognition invests in our employees and fosters collaboration throughout the organization. Our employees have the ability to work
globally with award-winning artificial intelligence (AI) technology within multiple industries.
What are the benefits and perks at SparkCognition?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Below are some highlights - we’d love to connect and share more!
- Fast-paced evolving culture with the opportunity to drive new ideas and technology.
- Hybrid Work Environment - 4 days per week in office
- Stock Option Grants
- Generous Time Off Programs
- Medical Coverage, and Parental Leave Plans
- 401k with Employer Match
- Monthly Technology Allowance
- Large 2022 renovated office space centrally located near the Arboretum in Austin, TX- including fully stocked beverage and snack areas!
The Finance team is responsible for financial planning and analysis (FP&A) initiatives, administering planning systems, building monthly, quarterly and annual presentations, and evaluating the financial direction of the company while delivering financial guidance to management and other departments. Team members will work closely with FP&A Manager under the direction of the CFO and CAO and collaborate with multiple departments across the company on various planning, reporting and forecasting initiatives and ad hoc projects.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and interpretative skills
- Strong work ethic with ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative and fast-paced work environment
- Being adaptable, flexible and resilient
- Command of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) and Google Suite
- Passion for technology / artificial intelligence is a plus
Full-time Summer 2023 Intern
- Anticipated Spring 2024 or later graduation date with a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline
- Corporate finance, FP&A, investor relations, or public accounting experience is a plus
- Experience in financial projection and financial analysis techniques
- Strong Microsoft Excel background
- Knowledge of GAAP reporting, data generation, forecasting, and budgeting
- Analyze financial data, interpretation of results and its impact on business
- Participate in generation of charts to be presented to internal management
- Assist with improving efficiency, standardization of tools and methods, and documentation
- Assist with building out planning tool dashboards, reports, and general capabilities while maintaining system data
- Support leadership in contributing to finance projects or different strategic finance initiatives
- Learn how SparkCognition helps customers leverage AI to solve challenging operational, HSE, ESG problems
SparkCognition is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equality, and inclusion, and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
SparkCognition prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
SparkCognition is committed to providing reasonable accommodation throughout the recruiting process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening, apply for a position, or participate in the interview process, connect with us at HR@sparkcognition.com and describe the specific accommodation request.
Reasonable accommodations are modifications or adjustments to the application or hiring process that would enable you to fully participate in that process. Examples of reasonable accommodations include but are not limited to:
- Documents in alternate formats or read aloud to you
- Having interviews in an accessible location
- Being accompanied by a service dog
- Having a sign language interpreter present for the interview
Something looks off?