Data Pipeline Engineer
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2023
Smartcar is on a mission to make it easy for everyone to use the apps and services they love with their car. We build developer-friendly APIs which makes it easy for businesses to integrate their products with vehicles of any brand using a single integration.
Founded in 2015, Smartcar has raised $36M from Andreessen Horowitz, New Enterprise Associates, and Energize Ventures. We are now the leading developer platform for mobility businesses across North America and Europe serving amazing customers including brands like British Petroleum (BP), Turo, and more.
Innovative mobility companies use our API platform to verify mileage, issue digital car keys, manage EV charging schedules, monitor fleets, and much more.
All of our openings are remote. We’d love for you to join us!
As Smartcar’s first Data Pipeline Engineer, you will work closely with our Engineering teams to scale and optimize our data pipeline architecture. You will play a key role in enhancing data flow and collection for internal stakeholders, and foster data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Create and maintain ETL pipelines that aggregate data from multiple sources into the data warehouse
- Guide technical discussions around internal process improvements for data modeling, data delivery, and infrastructure scalability
- Identify and improve the data models to facilitate more efficient information gathering
- Partner with cross functional teams to create reports that provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other business performance metrics
- Monitor the Redshift Cluster to adjust queries and Redshift parameters as needed to improve query performance and query throughput
Who You Are
- 4+ years of experience building and maintaining data pipelines at a SaaS company
- Experience managing and maintaining a production level Amazon Redshift cluster.
- Experience with SQL databases and querying
- Familiarity with other AWS services like S3, Glue, Firehose, Lambda
- Demonstrated experience collaborating across technical and non-technical teams and stakeholders
- Bachelors in Data Science or equivalent experience
- Hadoop and/or Apache Spark experience
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Base salary determined by years of experience: $140,000 - $180,000
- Remote work within the United States
- Health, Dental and Vision covered at 90% for all plans and 80% coverage for dependents, which amounts to approximately $11,000 a year
- 401K matching at 4%
- Unlimited PTO
- Wellness stipend of $50 a month
- Cell phone and Internet stipend of $50 a month
- $300 yearly learning and development stipend
- $350 work-from-home stipend
- 8 weeks of 100% paid parental leave with a 1-week half day ramp back time and a 5 week Freshly subscription
- 10 days of paid bereavement leave
- You are free to work standard work hours for your time zone.
- One important note: Most of the team is based on the west coast therefore please expect to be available between the hours of 9AM and 4PM PT for outreach or meetings. We will do our best to ensure meetings are not late in your evening, but will not always be able to do so
- We do not currently support any new sponsorship opportunities or sponsorship transfers for this role
Recruiter For This Role
Smartcar is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to reach out, in confidence, to email@example.com with how we can help make your interview process as comfortable as possible and how we can provide reasonable accommodations.
See more open positions at Smartcar
Something looks off?