Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
We’re the leading drone software provider making commercial drone data accessible to anyone, anywhere. Trusted by users across various industries, we’re transforming how businesses collect, manage, and analyze worksite data. Our user-friendly platform makes it possible for companies of any size to improve their workflows through scalable image processing, data storage, and real-time sharable drone maps and 3D models.
We are committed to a global work environment that empowers employees to innovate, grow professionally, and make meaningful impacts. We’re recognized as a # 1 Best Place to Work in the SF Bay Area and have made the Top 200 list of America’s Best Startups. Our employees are creative, driven, and committed to providing our customers with the best drone software in the industry. Our office locations include San Francisco, California | Sydney, Australia | Auckland, New Zealand.
As a Renewal Manager, you will be responsible for renewing subscriptions to our SMB / Commercial segment of customers. You will have wide-ranging experience in customer relationship management, negotiations, SaaS contract expertise, and understanding and conveying the value of products to execute against a Renewals Playbook.
This role will report to the Customer Success organization, and you will closely partner with the Sales to execute renewals and identify upsell opportunities.
- Manage a portfolio of renewals ensuring successful, on-time, execution of renewals processes and contract execution.
- Work directly with customers to support the renewal deal cycle
- Partner with Customer Success Managers and/or Sales team to provide seamless customer support during renewal cycle – especially in those renewal cycles that include expansion opportunities
- Successfully negotiate all aspects related to renewals
- Manage the commercial aspects of customer conversions from DroneDeploy’s products to newer offerings – including strategic reviews of current usage and value achieved
- Respond to questions from customers and/or Go To Market Organization (internal) on any aspect of renewal
- Review, interpret and confirm contract terms and conditions; work closely with finance, deal desk, and legal teams to ensure all contracts are accurate. Verify compliance with internal policies (and external regulations)
- Processing of standard and complex quotes, auto-renewal notices and orders utilizing Salesforce
- Maintain an accurate 120 day rolling forecast of renewals assigned to you
- Archive and maintain all contractual documentation
- Resolve problems through research, consulting with internal support teams, to identify the appropriate tools for success.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2 + years of SaaS renewals, sales, customer success, or account management experience within an Enterprise SaaS organization
- Excellent understanding of most Commercial topics (pricing, deal structuring, contracting etc.); familiarity with basic SaaS revenue recognition policiesStrong communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience conducting presentations, mentoring, managing internal and external stakeholders
- Drone Industry Experience - working for a drone company, or knowledge of the state of the industry is a plus
- Work Hours | able to work between Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm local time
- Work Location | able to work 100% Remotely or in the SF office 1 - 3 times a week
- Travel | available to travel domestically and/or internationally occasionally for work-related events such as conferences, company in-person gatherings, pieces of training
- Certifications | Obtain a Part-107 UAV Pilot’s license (company sponsored) in first 3 months of being in the role
Employee Offerings & Benefits include:
(may vary by location)
Innovative company culture
Drone pilot certification
Flexible work schedules
Flexible work location
Family paid leave
Paid healthcare for employees
Professional development & career advancements
Wellbeing activities (live & on-demand)
Flexible paid time off
Employee referral bonus
DroneDeploy is an equal opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.
Please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice for information about privacy during the recruiting process.
See more open positions at DroneDeploy
Something looks off?