Erlang Software Engineer (Kraków, PL)
As an Erlang Software Engineer, you will be working on our MongooseIM backend that powers our messaging platform. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining our highly scalable and reliable backend system in Erlang. Additionally, you will collaborate with the open-source community that develops MongooseIM, contribute to the development of new features and bug fixes, and engage in discussions on best practices.
Location set-up: Kraków office, hybrid model or fully remote in Poland
- Work closely in a cross-functional team with other passionate software engineers, designers, quality assurance, and product managers to develop and ship new features based on MongooseIM
- Optimize and improve the performance and scalability of our messaging platform
- Contribute to the open-source MongooseIM community by submitting code changes and engaging in discussions
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in Erlang development
What we look for in you
- At least 3 years of experience in software engineering with a focus on functional programming in Erlang
- Strong understanding of OTP (Open Telecom Platform) and its application to distributed systems
- You care about code quality, continuous refactoring and want to share your knowledge of functional programming within the company
- Familiar with modern DevOps practices and tools, such as Docker, Kubernetes, or CI/CD pipelines and proficient in Git and other collaborative development tools
- Good communication and collaboration skills to work with teams spread across different locations and fluent in English
- Eligibility to work in Poland
- Familiar with MongooseIM and the XMPP protocol
- Experience in designing and implementing highly scalable, fault-tolerant, and distributed systems
- Experience in contributing to open-source projects and communities
What we offer
- Attractive compensation and benefits
- Sign-on bonus
- Choose the cooperation you want: B2B or employment contract
- Thriving engineering community where you will develop
- Check out all of our Perks and Benefits on our Careers page
Who we are
Beekeeper believes in the potential of every single employee. That’s why we’ve built the essential platform for frontline workers. We put all company communications and tools in one place, empowering frontline employees to be more agile, productive, and create a safer workplace.
We are based in Zurich, Berlin, Krakow, and the US. These locations support users in more than 130 countries.
Beekeeper has been recognised as one of four companies that are "soon-to-become unicorn" in Poland, and received the Soonicorn Club Awards 2023 by Tracxn.
Check out our Technology Blog for latest articles.
At Beekeeper, we celebrate diversity! All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
Something looks off?