Head of Accounting (Switzerland)
Beekeeper is an award winning Swiss scaleup defining a new software category in the Frontline technology space. On the back of strong momentum we are now preparing for our next growth phase and are looking for a strong Head of Accounting to lead our global accounting function. This is an exciting leadership role in a dynamic and innovative technology company with global operations and high ambitions. The role reports into our VP Finance and will work closely with our Financial Planning & Analysis team, our Chief Financial Officer and other departments.
- Lead our global accounting function, incl. financial reporting, revenue recognition, accounts payable/receivable management, and tax compliance with the support of external specialists.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in accordance with local and international generally accepted accounting principles (incl. OR and US GAAP).
- Develop and document an effective Internal Control System.
- Prepare step-up to full financial audit.
- Oversee the management of our accounting infrastructure and systems, including implementation of new systems where necessary, and continuously improve our accounting processes.
- Manage our international structure, including transfer pricing, compliance, and FX management.
- Oversee coordination with external parties such as local tax advisors and auditors.
- Manage and develop a team of currently 3 direct reports, provide mentorship and guidance while helping the team to excel and grow in their roles.
What we look for in you
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalently related field
- 6+ years of experience in an accounting role, ideally both public and corporate accounting
- 2+ years of management experience
- Very good knowledge of Swiss and international accounting standards (US GAAP preferred over IFRS)
- High sense of ownership and accountability
- Very good analytical and problem solving skills
- High level of agility and flexibility
- Ability and willingness to work at different levels depending on the situation - strategic and operational
- A desire to acquire fresh knowledge and enhance existing processes / policies
- Fluency in English
- Strong understanding of tax and compliance regulations
- Higher education in accounting such as a CPA
- Working experience in a technology or SaaS company
- SAP byDesign / Lucanet expertise
Who we are
Beekeeper believes in the potential of every single employee. That’s why we’ve built the essential platform for frontline workers. We help organisations digitally enable their frontline, to boost productivity, quality and safety, and be more agile.
At Beekeeper, we celebrate diversity! All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
Something looks off?